Providing space and different perspectives.
The demands on charities and social enterprises can be all consuming. Having an outside perspective can be invaluable.
Please note I am currently not taking on any further work due to limited capacity and my work with ACEVO.
I specialise in working with civil society organisations in the following ways:
– sounding board, providing advice, support and guidance: focusing on organisational development, community engagement, and developing a values-led approach.
– facilitator: designing and enabling creative conversations, including team and organisation away days.
– creative practitioner: working with an individual and team to develop imaginative solutions.
– coach: working with individuals to support their potential.
This can be for a specific project or programme of development, or as an ongoing source of support over a longer period of time. I aim to be someone that you can share thoughts with, bounce ideas off or get a second opinion on something – whether that is a strategic direction, a particular project, evaluation methodology or funding bid. This can happen face to face, by phone or through email.
Tom is a valued and experienced member of our Facilitation and Coaching team here at Clore Leadership. A thoughtful, enthusiastic and generous facilitator who exudes warmth and good humour.
Fiona Cameron, Learning and Courses Manager, Clore Leadership
I am also available as a speaker and keynote presenter. Subject matter is based on my own experiences and includes:
– Setting up a charity from scratch
– Leading a charity: ups and downs of being a founder and CEO
– Connecting to people: how participation can build communities
– Living it: values at the heart of an organisation
Tom Andrews was the perfect speaker to start the symposium. In seconds he made the delegates feel at ease, engaging them, and making them think. His salient knowledge and personal experience make him a valuable asset for any organisation reflecting on their practice. Friendly, humble, and totally confident, the way he talks about ‘kindness’ as a radical value in today’s society; you feel immediately that here is someone who walks the talk.
Bettina Linstrum, Director, Arts Agenda
Organisations I have worked with include: People United, Clore Leadership Programme, Southbank Centre, National Theatre, Tate, Royal Opera House, RSA, Pilgrims Hospices and University of Kent.
Please get in touch via my contact page.